Heat treatment of Vibenite®280
Achieve the desired hardness by choosing temperature according to the figure.
- Heat up to temperature according to curve.
- Cool down to 25-50 °C. Assure a cooling speed of minimum 7 °C/s between 1000 °C to 800 °C.
- Temper at 560 °C three times for at least 1 hour each time.
- Cool to room temperature (25 °C) between tempers.
- In order to get the most out of our product:
- An extra 0,5 mm grinding allowance should be added on highly loaded surfaces.
- Grinding burns or burrs must be avoided.
- Highly loaded surface should have a surface finish of 0,2 µm in all directions both before and after PVD coating.
- Cutting edges should have an edge radius of 5-20 µm.