The material Vibenite®280 and the VBN Components 3D forming technique is suitable for plastic processing industry, where high wear resistance in difficult-to-shape tools is necessary. Vibenite®280 and the methods of VBN Components are well suitable for injection moulding tools (moulds and screw tips), granulators, extrusion screw segments, kneading segments. Please contact us if you are working in the plastic industry and espescially if you are aiming for more complex thermoplastic materials with new types of additive or fillers giving high wear. We have a solution for you.
By choosing Vibenite®280 you get:
- extremely high wear resistance
- high yield strength (in the range of 2000 – 4000 MPa, depending on hardening)
- high hot hardness (very little hardness drop up to approx 550° C)
- high fatigue resistance due to high purity (high cleanliness)
- full dimension stability
- full flow tempering media channels in moulds.
…and in addition:
- possibility to use complex geometrical shapes that former were impossible to manufacture
- possibility to switch to a more wear resistant material than you have used before
- lowest possible environmental impact.
Get our product sheet here