The material Vibenite®280 and the VBN Components 3D technique is very suitable for metal cutting tools. By choosing Vibenite®280 you get
- extremely high wear resistance
- high hot hardness (very little hardness drop up to approx 550° C)
- high fatigue resistance due to high purity (high cleanliness)
- full dimension stability
- the perfect substrate material for coatings.
…and in addition:
- possibility for adding cooling fluid channels in cutting teeth
- no soft machining, since you get the cutting tool in near-net-shape (only grinding required)
- lowest possible environmental impact.
3D-Printed, Functional Prototypes
Get our free product sheet here