By choosing pre-shaped components from VBN Components you reduce the impact on the environment by:
- Less material needs to be processed.
- Energy consuming processes like forging, rolling, sawing, turning, milling, drilling, etc. are avoided.
- The use of cutting fluids are drastically reduced.
Example: Heavy material saves on gear cutting hobs
Comparison between traditional hob manufacturing from a steel bar and the VBN 3D-printed Near-Net-Shape technology. Data from a large number of real manufacturing tests. The result is that the VBN technology saves 87% material!
|Yield traditional manufacturing||Yield VBN Additive Manufacturing|
|Manufacturing of steel bar||~70%||–|
|Manufacturing of hob blank||~50%||~98%|
|Total material yield manufacturing||~35%||~98%|
|Traditional manufacturing||VBN Additive manufacturing|
|Weight hob||15.3 kg||11.2 kg|
|Number of produced gear/gear hob||7150 st.||14300 st.|
|Hob material consumption per produced gear HMCPPG*||6,1 g||0,80 g|
- The first grinding removes more material for the 3D-printed part, but the following grindings are the same.
- The material savings on fewer coatings are not included.
- The calculation is based on a traditional manufacturing where the steel bar is very close to the wanted diameter, which is not always the case.